Questions or Want to Join Our Team?
Michelle L. Block, Ph.D.
Stark Professor of Pharmacology
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Indiana University School of Medicine
The Stark Neuroscience Research Institute
Neuroscience Research Building 214D
320 West 15th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
(317) 274-7810 Office
(317) 278-2040 Fax
Block Lab Information Pamphlet
Block Lab– Info
Current Positions Open
We are looking for graduate students, a technician, and a postdoctoral scientist interested in studying how the pulmonary response to air pollutants affects the brain.
OPEN Postdoctoral Scientist Position
Joint PostDoc Position IUSM and NIOSH
Undergraduate students looking to join our team must have:
- An understanding, respect, and acceptance of the use of live animals in research.
- Willingness to commit 8-10 hours/week for at least one semester, which may also include weekends and evenings.
- Maturity, commitment, and dependability.
Masters students wishing to join the team must have:
- Dedication, drive, commitment, and research must be a priority.
- An addiction to/obsession with microglia biology.
- Willingness to complete in vitro and in vivo studies.
Please directly inquire with Dr. Block about openings.
The agreements between mentors (faculty supervisor) and trainees (undergraduate students, postbaccalaureate researchers, graduate students, research associates, and postdoctoral scientists) are often ambiguous, where assumptions can sometimes erroneously drive critical decisions and interactions. Defining these expectations upfront can help prevent misunderstandings and ensure trainee research career development that is both productive and mutually rewarding.
We take mentoring seriously and have established a compact for the lab.